It would be daunting to start 11+ Preparation at an early age, i.e. from year 3. No need to worry, the preparation wouldn’t be difficult and laborious.
11PluseHelp.co.uk is a one-stop-shop for 11 Plus preparation including 11 Plus Independent schools preparation.
For Year 3, Year 4 and Year 5 children, we have added many basic 11 Plus tests aimed at improving the fundamentals of the children. We are adding new tests regularly. You can check out your child’s 11 Plus fundamentals using our wide range of tests.
This early preparation would really end up placing your child at an elevated position in 11+ exams.
Why start 11+ Preparation from year 3?
Your childs’ maths and English skills will start to nurture from Year 3. So starting 11+ Preparation at Year 3 would be advantageous to your child. Be it English or Math, the curriculum in Year 3 is very standard which will indirectly help to crack 11+ Exams.
Year 3 is the time where your child comes across standard vocabulary and maths.
Starting preparation at this early stage would make 11+ Preparation easy and comfortable. This would also outshine your child’s performance in 11 Plus exams.
Just focusing on the academic curriculum a bit more seriously would be enough.
Key Math skills to be focused on in Year 3 are:
- Mastering Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Practising calculations daily so that the child would not waste a lot of time on simple calculations.
- Learning tables up to 12 would be good.
- Trying to solve all the math questions in their Year 3 curricula.
Key English skills to be focused on in Year 3 are:
- Learning a good range of vocabulary
- Learning spellings
- Improving Writing skills
- Learning good standards of grammar
- Learning punctuations
- Developing good reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
The extra skills your child should focus on, in Year 3, are:
- Developing a hobby like painting, singing etc
- Building confidence in all walks of the life
- Ability to talk confidently with strangers
Go through the article Key Stage 2 to know more about it.
Do check our blog regarding 11 Plus Independent School Preparation to know more about the 11+ Independent Past Papers,11+ Practice Tests etc https://www.11plusehelp.co.uk/blog/2016/12/26/11-plus-independent-schools-preparation-11plusehelp/.
We also have loads of questions useful for the preparation of CEM, CSSE and GL assessment and any other 11 Plus entrance examinations in the UK.
You can get all information about CEM Exam here:
11PluseHelp.co.uk offers you
– 11 Plus online practice tests
– Topic-wise tests, basics, fundamentals
– 11 Plus Independent schools Past papers
– CSSE Model papers
– Flash Cards, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms & Spelling tests
– Resources, free demo tests, Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning
– Keep track of your Schools Applications for FREE
– Creative Writing blog FREE,
– Mock exams
– and many more new tests being added regularly……
You can get all information about the Top 100 Independent Schools here:
You can have unlimited online practice on 11 Plus subjects – Maths, English, Verbal Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
Go through the link below to know more about Independent School Preparation:
You can get all information about CSSE Exam here:
We focus on fundamentals, logic, basics and cover most of the syllabus for all 11 Plus exam patterns in the UK. All these tests lead to perfect practice. For example, We cover Maths topic wise questions and basics and fundamentals and how to apply them.
You can get all information about all Grammar Schools here:
We have a variety of tests, time-based, short, long and various types including CSSE and standard mock tests.
You can get all information about the GL Assessment Exam here:
At 11PluseHelp.co.uk, we have many synonyms, antonyms and spelling tests to improve children vocabulary and spelling skills.
11 Plus FREE Papers https://www.11plusehelp.co.uk/11-plus-free-online-papers
11 Plus FREE Sample Papers https://www.11plusehelp.co.uk/11-plus-sample-papers
11 Plus Complete solution features: https://11plusehelp.co.uk/blog/2017/05/01/11-plus-complete-solution/
Practice and Perseverance Over Genius and Talent