The Sutton Grammar School Mock Selective Eligibility Test is used by six selective schools in and around Sutton as their 11+ entrance exam.
The Sutton Grammar School Mocks: FREE
The Registration: FREE
The Login: FREE
* Until Further Notice
Go through our article on HABS second stage mock exam:
Sutton Grammar School 11 Plus Exam Information
- Address: Sutton Grammar School, Manor Lane, Sutton, Surrey, SM1-4AS
- Website: www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk
- Admissions Contact:
- Telephone: 020 8642 3821
- Email address: email@example.com
- School type: Academy converter
- Gender of entry: Boys
- Age Range: 11 to 18
- The approximate number of students in school: 930
- Number of Places Available for Year 7 Entry: 135
- SGS School Open Days: Open Evening: Wednesday 23rd September 2020 from 4 pm-9 pm.
- Registrations Open Date: 1st May 2020
- Closing Date for Registration:
- The closing date for the Selective Eligibility Test (SET) of the Registration Form is in August 2020 (TBC).
- Please note there is an earlier deadline of June 2020 (TBC).
- Supplementary Registration Form available Date: Supplementary Registration Form available online from 1st May 2020.
- Closing Date for Common Application Form (CAF): 31st October 2020.
Check out the below article to know more about Tiffin mocks:
Five Entirely selective grammars schools:
Nonsuch High School for Girls,
Sutton Grammar School,
Wallington County Grammar,
Wallington High School for Girls and Wilson’s School
Please go through our article to know more about Tiffin girl’s school mocks:
One partially selective grammars school:
Greenshaw High School and Wallington County Grammar
All the above six schools broadly share resources and follow similar criteria.
There are 2 Stages in the S.E.T. Selective Eligibility Test.
Check out our article on 11 Plus Mock Exams Website Features to know more about it:
Sutton Grammar School Mock Exam Stage 1 – Multiple Choice.
All six schools require the S.E.T. Selective Eligibility Test as their first round of testing. This test consists of two exclusive multiple-choice papers, like one for English and one for Maths.
In most cases, this first test will determine eligibility to sit Stage 2.
The pass mark varies depending on peer averages. So it is best to aim for at least 85% as an average across both papers, with scoring no less than 80%. The real score could be lower or higher in each test, but this is a good rule of thumb when preparing for the big day.
Greenshaw High School and Wallington County Grammar are exceptions to the above rule as they measure test performance based purely on the S.E.T. multiple-choice papers. You should note that the pass mark is considerably higher than other schools so that you can put a little more effort if it’s your goal.
Please go through our article to know more about Mock results :
Sutton Grammar School Mocks S.E.T. Stage 1
- 11plus-mockexams.co.uk provides multiple choice papers for Sutton S.E.T. Stage 1.
- Stage1 test consists of two elements ie. an 11Plus-MockExams 11Plus Maths paper and an 11Plus-MockExams 11+ English paper.
- Each paper is in timed multiple-choice style.
- Each Indicative paper is of 45-minute mock.
- The content of the 11+ Maths and 11Plus English tests is based on the Key Stage 2 curriculum.
- Candidates should record their answers on a separate multiple-choice answer sheet.
Sutton Grammar School Mocks S.E.T. Stage 2
- All boys who have passed the Selective Eligibility stage 1 Test will receive an invitation to sit the Sutton Grammar School stage 2 entrance test.
- For entry to Year 7 in September 2020, Sutton Grammar School will be sharing its second stage entrance test with Wilson’s School.
- 11plus-mockexams.co.uk provides multiple choice papers for Sutton S.E.T. Stage 2 open answers.
- Stage 2 consists again of two papers, covering eleven plus English and eleven + Maths.
- These tests are Timely Open Answer Papers.
- Verbal reasoning or non-verbal reasoning tests will not include.
- Each 11Plus-MockExams mock exam paper is of 60 minutes and is designed to look and feel like the real 11+ Exam.
Sutton Grammar and Wilson’s School administer S.E.T. Stage 2 11+ Exam together. But decisions of acceptance are taken independently, so it is possible to achieve entrance to one and not the other.
The final score is a standardised score across the Stage 1 multiple choice and the Stage 2 Open Answer papers, at a ratio of 2:2:3:3.
Access 11+ Sutton Grammar School Mocks with Detailed Mark Schemes and Answers at 11plus-mockexams.co.uk.
Go through our article on 11 Plus CEM mock exam:
Go through our article on the CSSE Assessment mock exam:
Sutton Grammar School 11+ Exam Provider
- Stage 1: Sutton Grammar School admissions is dependent on student performance in the Selective Eligibility Test (SET), which is similar to the standard Eleven Plus exam.
- Stage 2: Stage 2 is set by the school
Competition Level for Sutton Grammar School
- The published indicative admission number is 135 boys of the school’s immense popularity.
- That means ten applications for everyone place
How to Register For 11 Plus at Sutton Grammar School?
Image from Sutton Grammar School website
- All boys must meet Suttons required academic criteria.
- Upon completion of the 11 Plus exam, the school ranks candidates and subsequently allocates places purely based on the standardised scores.
- It gives the highest priority in oversubscription for entry to Year 7 to those whose statement of special educational needs (SEN) or Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan names the school.
Requirements for Entry into Sutton Grammar School
- Pupils passing the SET will be invited to sit stage 2 tests in English and Mathematics, otherwise known as the 11 Plus entrance exam.
- SET conduct tests before the Autumn term ends usually.
- Standardised scores are evaluated following which they will be aggregated, together with the SET marks, so as to enable the ranking of candidates.
- As the testing is competitive, only the first one hundred and twenty-four in rank order will be offered places.
- If the aggregate standardised scores tie for two or more candidates, it determines the final rank using performance in the Mathematics paper, then, if required, the creative writing, followed by the English multiple-choice, and then the SET so as to rank them properly.
English, Paper 1: Reading and Understanding (45 Minutes)
Part one of the English paper affords candidates 45 minutes.
Here reading comprehension skills are tested via long answer and multiple-choice answer type-questions.
English, Paper 2: Writing
English paper part 2 takes the form of an essay and assess both originality and accuracy of writing. The paper consists of an essay title or an excerpt or poem from which the candidates have to extract ideas in the reading handout and develop them into a story or a description of their own.
Spelling, Punctuation and grammar are of paramount importance here.
11Plus-MockExams presents Indicative Sutton Grammar School Mocks in English so that it will improve your child’s learning by helping them recognise eleven Plus English comprehension papers.
There are two parts of Mathematics paper.
The duration of the paper is 75-minutes.
Thirty questions with increasing order of difficulty as per the 11 Plus exam format.
Numeracy, problem statements, as well as questions about shape and space and some questions in this section may include portions from level six as well.
We advise candidates to carry a ruler, protractor, and a set of HB pencils with an eraser.
Exam Preparation For entrance into Sutton Grammar School
Students are expected and thus advised, to practice 11Plus-MockExams Sutton Grammar School Mocks.
Parents, please acknowledge that there are many free Eleven Plus Sutton Grammar School Mocks accompanied by solutions/answers provided on our website.
These 11Plus-MockExams Sutton Grammar School Mocks are designed by top mathematicians, and as such we recommend that candidates make good use of them.
Your children should take our eleven+ free Sutton Grammar School Mocks to practice and hone their knowledge.
11Plus-MockExams virtual platform will properly prepare your child such that they are fully equipped to tackle the variety of questions which may appear in their 11 Plus examination.
Check out our article on FREE 11 Plus Virtual Mock Exams to know more about it:
11 Plus Students’ exam report:
The above bar chart compares a student’s performance with the peer in 11 Plus Virtual Mock Paper 1 NVR– NVR Mock.
- This child has scored 75% and stands among above-average student, depicted in the second column.
- Among all the students who took this test, the highest mark and least mark reported in this test are 96% and 2% respectively, depicted in the last and first column respectively.
- The average score of all students is 67.65%, depicted in the third column.
Overall analysis: The child needs improvement. He/she need to work little harder and need to take lots of 11 Plus Mock Tets to score good marks.