11 Plus English Comprehension Tips
- Sometimes 11 Plus English Comprehension Tips are helpful to read the questions before the text
- If you don’t understand a word, read around it and try to understand the context
- Don’t just stop with simple answers. Depending upon the question marks, try to explain and put your points forward
- Notice ‘in your own words’, ‘with specific reference to the passage’ or ‘use
evidence from the passage to support your answer’ before answering a question
- P-E-E => When answering try to follow the Point, Example, Explanation format
- Skimming and scanning technique
11 Plus Tips to score good marks in Comprehension :
- Try to build vocabulary by reading as many books as possible
- Reading: Make it as a habit. This will not only increase your vocabulary but will also help in understanding comprehension.
- Use New Words: Use at least 5 new words every day. At school or with family/friends.
- Vocabulary Note Book: keep a separate notebook for collecting Vocabulary words and revise regularly.
- Roots: Once you learn a root, you’ll begin to understand more words that use the same root.
11PluseHelp.co.uk is a one-stop-shop for 11 Plus Grammar schools preparation including 11 Plus Independent schools preparation.
We have various 11 Plus English tests: https://www.11plusehelp.co.uk/blog/2016/12/26/11-plus-english-11plusehelp/
We have added the following two 11 plus short comprehensions recently.
It’s a detailed online platform with a lot of explanations. Register or login to view or download resources. These tests are useful for Grammar school & Independent school preparation.
You can access 11 Plus FREE Papers by visiting below link:
You can access 11 Plus FREE Sample Papers by visiting below link:
11 Plus complete solution features:
Practice and Perseverance Over Genius and Talent
|© 2020 All Rights Reserved.|