11 Plus English Comprehension Tips
Comprehension may be defined as a test to determine how well students can understand written or spoken language.
Reading comprehension measures the level of understanding of a text or passage. The reader must be able to trace out its context and key elements. Fundamental skills required in reading comprehension are knowing the meaning of words and understanding the meaning of a word under the given context.
11 Plus English Comprehension Tips :
- Sometimes 11 Plus English Comprehension Tips are helpful to read the questions before the text
- If you don’t understand a word, read around it and try to understand the context
- Don’t just stop with simple answers. Depending upon the question marks, try to explain and put your points forward
- Notice ‘in your own words, ‘with specific reference to the passage’ or ‘use
evidence from the passage to support your answer’ before answering a question
- P-E-E => When answering, try to follow the Point, Example, Explanation format
- Skimming and scanning technique
We have added the following two 11 plus short comprehensions recently.
11 Plus Tips to score good marks in Comprehension :
- Try to build vocabulary by reading as many books as possible
- Reading: Make it a habit. This will not only increase your vocabulary but will also help in understanding comprehension.
- Use New Words: Use at least 5 new words every day. At school or with family/friends.
- Vocabulary Note Book: keep a separate notebook for collecting Vocabulary words and revise regularly.
- Roots: Once you learn a root, you’ll begin to understand more words that use the same root.
11PluseHelp.co.uk is a one-stop-shop for 11 Plus Grammar schools preparation, including 11 Plus Independent schools preparation.
We have various 11 Plus English tests: https://www.11plusehelp.co.uk/blog/2016/12/26/11-plus-english-11plusehelp/
It’s a detailed online platform with a lot of explanations. Register or login to view or download resources. These tests are useful for Grammar school & Independent school preparation.
During eleven plus English exam, comprehensive skills are tested. The child must go through the given text passage thoroughly and answer the questions below related to that comprehension. Each question has the options provided below. The questions may be asked on either something related to the text or to test your vocabulary skills like finding out meanings of idioms used and some unusual words.
You can access 11 Plus FREE Papers by visiting the below link:
You can access 11 Plus FREE Sample Papers by visiting the below link:
11 Plus complete solution features:
Practice and Perseverance Over Genius and Talent
|© 2021 All Rights Reserved.|